How to reach the Salzburger Almenweg
The 31 entry points of the Salzburger Almenweg are easily accessible in many ways. You'll reach your hiking holidays in the center of Salzburg quickly and comfortably by car, train or plane.
Arrival by car
- From the north (Munich/Salzburg) to Werfen (entry point route 31): via A8 & A10
- From the east (Liezen) to Radstadt (route 27): via B320
- From the south (Villach) to Flachau (route 21): via A10
- From the west (Zell am See) to Goldegg (route 5): via B311
- From the northwest (St. Johann in Tirol) to Dienten am Hochkönig (route 3): via B164
Arrival by train
By using the various train connections you'll avoid traffic restrictions and reach the Salzburger Almenweg in a relaxed way. For travel planning use the ÖBB (Austrian federal trainways) timetable information below.
Arrival by plane
Take advantage of the convenient flight connections from many European cities to Salzburg. More than 25 airlines take you from Berlin, Frankfurt, Cologne, Dublin, Amsterdam, London, Istanbul and many other European cities directly to the W.A. Mozart Airport to Salzburg. Arrived at the airport, you can easily cover the distance to the entry points of the Salzburger Almenweg by taxi, public transport or rental car.